Thursday, May 31, 2012

3 months and the Spirited Child.

 We turned 3 months over the weekend so our monthly photo shoot had to occur, and luckily there were smiles all around.  I also was able to keep her hands out of her mouth for a few minutes as she has discovered them this month and just adores sucking and slobbering all over them.
 I couldn't help but sneak a shot of these chubby little legs and cute little toes.  I actually thought that she was a little thin lately, and then I looked at these pictures and realized I was having a bit of preemie mom 'off' thinking.  I still sometimes want to adjust her age, and get a bit anxious if its been more than 3 hours between feedings.  I have a hard time not having everything measure constantly, and it is strange how little we've gone to doctors or evaluations.  I find myself worrying that she is behind or small, but I know this is out of habit more than reality.  Its a nice little reminder that I don't need to worry so much about my preemie either, that some of that is more of habit than actual reality as well.
If you ever read the book, "Baby Whisper" there is a quiz in it to find out what type of infant you have.  This quiz is to help you understand your baby better so that you can then transition them better based off their budding personality.  Kate was a 'textbook' baby, one that followed perfect cues and was easy for transitions.  Taylor is a 'Spirited' baby, one that is very vocal (BEYOND BELIEF), can be extremely happy or extremely unhappy and likes aggressive stimulus and play (I don't know if she has a choice with big sis around).  I couldn't agree more with the results.  Now if I could just figure out how to work with my textbook and spirit child so we could all get a little more sleep during the day and night.  I am enjoying them both all the same.


1 comment:

  1. Yup, still find myself "adjusting" Aidan's age at times. At least trying to and then I try to do the math and go wait? And yup the not eating every three hours thing gets to me too lol. Just hope you avoid the frustration I'm having with realizing how far behind Elisa was as I keep seeing him do things and think "you aren't supposed to do that yet!" No, really, you are, I'm just not used to how a term baby develops.

    ReplyDelete