Friday, May 4, 2012

Where you might find the newest member of our family.

 You might call this baby, velcro or my shadow.  Either I don't remember Kate being this attached to me, or she simply wasn't.  Taylor on the other hand is typically attached to me in some way about 80% of my waking hours when I am home. And I am only somewhat complaining.

Above you will see how I have eaten the majority of my meals and how I handle taking care of a toddler and an infant with no other help, the ergo.  I actually have to wash it about once a week because I use the 'sun' shield to protect her head from my food falling on her.  This baby carrier is not just for going for walks, oh no this is how we have been surviving.  Anyone that hasn't used an ergo should try one, they are great for all ages and much more comfortable than some other carriers.
Now, if she isn't in the ergo then she is probably either on my 'breastfriend pillow' or actually breast feeding. The pillow is amazing, as suggested by another blogging preemie momma, and is worth its weight in gold.  It is more firm than other pillows and you actually attach yourself into it.  The baby is then supported completely by the pillow and not by your back, shoulder or arms.  Also rowdy toddlers can climb up and bother you and baby without any problems.  Also in emergency situations you can hop up with baby on pillow and do something for the rowdy toddler without really stopping the baby from eating either.

Of course I am missing a bit of my personal time with my little shadow attached to me.  I just keep reminding myself that it is a short period of time and before you know it you are begging for cuddles because they are too busy running around the house.  Also I know that this is my last baby so of course, I have to keep her close and enjoy every moment of her baby time.

Don't you just want to eat those cheeks? I do over and over and over again!

1 comment:

  1. She looks so much like Kate..that mouth is too precious. But I totally understand the post...the brestfriend and my Ergo were my saving graces too!

    ReplyDelete