Monday, February 6, 2012

Snow day... blog catch up.

We had a week of snow several weeks ago, but for some reason I haven't been blogging as much lately and these slipped through the cracks. Typically we don't get much snow around here, but we've gotten some every year for awhile so Kate is starting to warm up to the white stuff.

Probably a unknown but positive side effect of me being on bedrest for most of this pregnancy is that it has given Kate and Dad some time to do things on their own. We are a close family so we do most things together, but now that another is on the way and since playing in the snow was not on the approved list of activities for me this was time for Dad and daughter.

I stood on the porch or driveway and took pictures, and then made them coco inside.
The hardest thing to do at this age in the snow is to walk around. Well, that and keeping your hat and gloves on. Its a steep learning curve that if you take your clothes off you will get cold and then it is hard to get them back on.
We live on a huge hill, and people come and sled on it every year with snow. Dad and Kate did have a few adventures down the hill, and everyone had fun. She wasn't ready to do it by herself yet, but the neighbor girls were quite encouraging so maybe next year (yes I don't want snow until next year now :)).
She allowed Dad to pull her a bit. Otherwise, Kate is slowly heading from 2 to 3, which I am not sure is a good thing. We seem to be having a few more attitude moments the further we get away from 2. In general she is being excellent, and full of funny things to say and do. Recently she told us in the car she needed to get home to eat dinner and do homework. Neither of us knew where she got this from but had a good laugh about it. I asked her the other day what she wanted to be when she grows up and she told me after much thought, "I want to be nice, Momma". Sounds good to me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment