Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summer Sabbatical

 I took a month off.  I wish I could say I took a month off from work, responsibilities, running, and went to stay by the ocean.  No I just took a month off from blogging.  I have been at it for four years, and with everything else on my plate I decided to just take a month off and come back fresh in August.  
 So we had to just buckle down and have fun.   Family visits, cars to wash, beaches to visits, playing at the sprinkler park, using the kiddie pool and slide out back, eating berries and sundaes, smiles, sun burns and occasionally a little napping too.

I am proud to say that we have no children sleeping in our closet anymore.  Both girls are currently sleeping through the night and the overall drama that had plagued us for awhile has subsided.  We actually are the most rested we have been in over a year and half.  Its not all sprinkles, rainbows and unicorns around here but for now we have come to a little more peaceful place.
Everyone and maybe everything needs a break from time to time.  A rest, and regrouping are needed for blogs and families too.  It is easy to get so busy and do things because you 'have' to or you 'always' have.  Stepping back and making sure that it is something that you want to do is important.  And though this blog may only be important to myself it is something that I enjoy and want to keep doing.  A little digital journal of our family, strengths and weakness.  And with a break and some sleep, I will keep on typing.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos! Especially the shadow one of Kate in the beginning! Glad you had a good break. My blogging break is still going on lol.

    ReplyDelete