Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Running Streak...

We had a great Thanksgiving.  It was a great mix of work, play, rest and repeat.  Little T is crawling and after everything, while K was busy running, dancing and being crazy with her cousins.  I feel so blessed to not be on bedrest this year, that I just want to do everything too.

I have a race that I signed up for in January, a 25 K trail race that is pretty challenging.  I am not prepared at all. To help with my training and motivation, as well as to keep the holiday pounds off I have decided to try and run everyday until the New Year.  Runners are weird.  I can say this because I have been one for the last 20 years now.  Combine a runner with a type A personality, and you'll get some really out there goals.  Most people would think a running streak is just plain stupid, but to me it is motivating little goal.  I only have to run a mile for it to count.  I am 5 days in, and loving it.  We will see how I feel about it some 5 weeks from now.

This year, I am so very thankful for my health and my families health.

1 comment: