Sunday, July 31, 2011

Toddler drama.


Some days I don't think there is any explanation. Maybe it is the phase of the moon. Maybe her diaper is on too tight. Maybe we both slept poorly. Or like I said there is no explanation, my daughter is just a pain.

Of course I love her always. Days like this just make it harder to enjoy her. If we are lucky we can snap out of after a few hours, but other times it just keeps going and going. Here is an incomplete of what caused drama today:

I changed her dirty diaper and then made her wear pants.

I offered her cereal.

I put on her new shoes, instead of the purple sparkly shoes (that we need to wear at all times).

I didn't color with her when I was talking to another adult.

I showed her a giant piece of watermelon.

I put her down for a nap.

I offered her what is typically her favorite lunch that I picked up when I was running errands and she was napping.

I suggested we go outside to play.

I stopped reading to her after 15 books.

I made her put shoes on again.

And I am not talking just a bit of whining. I am talking full out drama. Crying, thrashing, and time outs. It just kept on going and going. We were both exhausted by dinner time and the last hour was uneventful. I am pretty sure this is typical for the age, and a daughter. But, lordy that is enough to make a saint want to run away and never come home.

All I can say is that I hope we do a little better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment