Sunday, April 13, 2014

Differences between my children...

I have written about it before, but that doesn't stop me from needing to write about it more.

My DAUGHTERS are so different!

I naively thought that because I had one child that really did put us through a lot and still does with various developmental and medical challenges.  I was not prepared for what our second daughter has thrown our way.

K hates noise and drama.  T thrives on it.  We haven't sang happy birthday out loud for four years because it caused K to go into a small seizure.  T hasn't stopped singing it for four months.  She sings it to her dolls.  She sings it in the tub and she sings it to every single one of us each day of the week. She likes to dance around without her clothes on, covering her belly in paint and sing at the top of her lungs.

K was potty trained by 2 1/2 and it was easy and dreamy.  I am pretty sure T will be potty trained when she goes to college.  She likes to stick her hands in her pants, and then tell me what type of potty she has just gone (yuck, please don't).  She likes to get treats to sit on the potty.  She will absolutely do a show down with you if you choose the wrong pull up, and what-ever you do don't suggest the training panties.

K can tell me every state, reads chapter books, works on math works sheets every day (I kid you not she was obsessively working on a workbook that was a preparation for kindergarten because she is going next year).  T does nothing that I ask.  She actually gets off on telling me the wrong color, wrong shape and wrong anything.  She gets an elfish smile on her face and prounouces it green (when it is red).  Modern media, such as every possible character on Disney junior, that
she knows and she knows well (even though I still only allow an hour or less of TV a day).

With K I thought life was challenging, but really I was having more internal debate and issues.  T actually brings me to my knees. I have to go get my husband and say I am done with her, sometimes a few times a day.  She needs to be held more.  She needs to have a pacifier.  She needs be babied with just about everything.  Her pain threshold is the lowest thing I have ever experienced, if she had been in the NICU we would all be deaf.

Don't get me wrong.  I love her more than words could describe.  This is who she is, or it is who she is as a baby and toddler.  I did say this week though that if she had been our first, we probably wouldn't have had any other children.

Life would be dull if my two girls were the same.  Lucky for me, life is anything but dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment