Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Big News.

Mt. Rainer- last weekend.

Well, obviously with the previous post I made it known that we are expecting our number 2. Excited, overwhelmed, scared, happy, and then sprinkle absolute panic in there and that my friends is just before I get up in the morning. I knew letting everyone know would be a bit of a challenge for me, because it makes it even more real. Plus, I kind of like being private.

Let me rephrase that, because obviously I type my thoughts to the world on a regular basis. I like to keep my fears private. I like to keep my possible failures to myself. Perfectionist don't like when other people get to see them sweat or see their weaknesses. We over prepare. We plan ahead. We arrive before others and make sure we have a handle on the situation. We don't like surprises.

That was the old me (I will continue to repeat this to myself until its a reality). I am trying to ditch that perfectionist schtick. I've done it for long enough, its exhausting at best. Life is messy, unpredictable and so not perfect. Let everyone experience all the parts of me, even those they don't like. Because put a big dose of 'people-pleaser' on my old me pile, I am tired of doing that to.

We are having a another baby. It is going to be a messy, emotional adventure. I am not ready, or prepared. I have minimal control on the whole thing. We are going to do this as a family, with the help of our friends. Hold on for the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for a very calm and smooth ride this time around! Looking forward to celebrating our TERMIES next year.

    ReplyDelete